There is some argument as to whether psychic powers are the result of magic, or a latent power in all of us. I tend to be of the latter view, but I am including a page on them here anyway, because I freely admit I could be wrong, and a hell of a lot of people think that they are the result of magic.
Whichever camp you fall in there are three indisputable facts about psychic powers:
1. Everyone has the potential for psychic ability.
2. Scientific testing for these powers is easy, you can even test yourself.
3. Whatever your current psychic ability, even if you think you have no psychic power, you can develop psychic abilities with practise.
Now let us look at those facts one by one.
1. Everyone has the potential for psychic ability: This will no doubt surprise most of you. The common myth is that there are a few "ESPers" who have this power, and the rest of us are psychic neutral. THIS IS NOT TRUE, it is simply that some people are more able to use their power. Think about running. Most healthy people can run, but some of us are slow or get exhausted after a few yards, while others win Olympic medals. The same is true for psychic powers. Some of us have amazing powers in this area, some of us feel we have none. But if you think you are in the latter group, you are not, because that group does not exist! People who think they have very little power either simply never use it, or always assume evidence of this power is mere coincidence. Ignoring it is like ignoring the fact that you have eyes, and refusing to see anything (which can actually happen, there is a psychiatric illness called "hysterical blindness", where people think their eyes do not work, so refuse to see anything, and if that sounds silly to you, then think on this - if you think you have no psychic ability, you are doing exactly the same thing!).
2. Scientific testing for these powers is easy, you can even test yourself: People tend to think that all psychic tests have to take place in a laboratory, using expensive scientific instruments. And if you are doing some kind of statistical analysis (such as calculating the average psychic ability of a country as a whole, or calculating what percentage of people have a high enough psychic ability for it to be "useful") this is often true. However if you are just trying to calculate the level of psychic ability in an individual person (e.g. you!) then there are plenty of genuine scientific tests you can perform with things you find around the home! There are several books on the subject, but you need to find one that uses genuine scientific principles, many do not, and a few are written by "nutters".
3. Whatever your current psychic ability, even if you think you have no psychic power, you can develop amazing psychic abilities with practise: When I first learnt this fact I thought it was the most exciting thing I had ever heard. What it means is simply that all of us can have psychic powers if we want. Since then I have discovered other things, some of which are even more exciting than that fact, but it still sits in the top ten list of the most exciting facts I know. Think about it, anyone who wants psychic powers can have them, even you! If that does not excite you then either you already have powerful psychic abilities or you simply do not understand exactly what I am saying!
Like with the tests, you need a good book on the subject if you want to develop psychic powers. And also like with the tests, you need to find one that uses genuine scientific principles.
Fortunately there are such books, you want to read both a book on tests for scientific powers (to calculate your current ability), and a book on developing your powers, to gain a greater level of psychic ability.
To read the book that tells you how to test your ability using genuine scientific methods Click Here.
Then to read the book that tells you how to develop powerful psychic powers Click Here.